Sunday, February 20, 2011

Something Different

I don't actually know if this is something different. Whenever I sit down to do this I either want to write about something that pisses me off or try to mask whatever I'm feeling with the fake enthusiasm of Pokemon, which, by the way, comes out in about 2 weeks. I don't really feel like I have the right to complain about stuff that goes on with me or the problems I feel like I have, because I generally am pretty lucky and things could be a lot worse. So, I'm going to close my eyes and write about the first thing that pops into my head, knowing that I only need about 150 words to complete this week. 

When I was in fourth grade we had a field trip to the zoo. It was kind of a big deal; it was a whole day off of school and there really were no expectations for what we should do while there. No lectures, no required visits to an information seminar thing that seems to be at the zoo, nothing. The only real restriction was that we couldnt use any of the rides, I guess because they didn't want the kids to have their own money to ride them, which would have excluded some of the poorer kids. So, no rides. Anyways, my mom chaperoned us and we ended up divided into groups. My group consisted of a friend of mine and two girls that I could talk to but who I wouldn't really consider "friends." We walked around for a while and then we were called back for a group lunch/picnicy thing. If there's one thing I can say for my mom it's that when she does something, she really goes all out. Even though she only went on like three of my field trips when I was in elementary school, she always did her best to make it memorable. Anyways, this time around she brought an entire cooler full of those little plastic juice things you can get at Aldis, the ones that are filled with koolaid or whatever that non-juice flavored water is. I drank like five of these sitting there, which was probably three too many. We got back up afterwards and started walking around once again. About thirty minutes after this, I ended up throwing up a multicolored mess of liquid on the asphalt somewhere in the zoo. I didn't feel good after that, so I wanted to sit down. So, I sat down. On every ride at the zoo. From that boat thing to the safari ride to the horse (which didn't actually make any sense considering I already had an upset stomach and the horse probably would have made it worse). Mom took me and the three people in my group on every ride they had, paying for all four of us at each stop all the while knowing that we weren't necessarily allowed to do that. Good day.

This actually worked well for me. I felt kind of crappy prior to writing this blog entry, but this memory was awesome to relive.

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness for Moms! Sounds like what could have been a disastrous day ended up being rather fun. Glad you enjoyed it!